March 8, 2011
Officers: Payne, Dodd, Brady, Jones
Voting Members - Ex-officio: Black, Battjes
Faculty Senators: Gay, Jensen, Turner, Parry,Smith-Nix
Staff Senators: Vaught, Frye, Payne, Hart, Carter, Donnelly, Bixby, Mounce, Owens, Gilbride
Student Senators: Wright, Mullendore, Jackson, Ensley, Dodd, Pohlner
Non-Voting Members, Ex-officio: Gaber
Voting Members - Ex-officio: DiBrezzo, Freund, Fleming, Johannesen
Administrative Representatives: Vayda, Shannon, Schwab, Worrell, P. Rankin, Smith, Saxena, Shields, Nance, McMath, Henderson Allen, Pugh
Faculty Senators: Stegman, Savin, Brummer, Kirkwood, Salisbury, Wall, Comfort, Fort, Whayne, Riggs, Rhoads
Staff Senators: Parker, Blagg, Martin, Golden, Rowe, Foshe
Student Senators: Spencer, Mattiza, Baxter, Brumfield, Treece, Fitgerald, Ferreira, Hodges, Norton
Non-Voting Members, Ex-officio: Gearhart, Pederson, Choate, Hudson
I. Call to order
The meeting was called to order at 3:31 by the Chair, David Gay.
II. Approval of Agenda
The agenda was approved.
III. Minutes of the Fall 2010 meeting.
An amendment was made to include the Campus Council Chair's report, item D under reports. Amended minutes approved.
IV. Reports of Activity
a. Report of the Faculty Senate, Timothy Kral
- Academic policy revised and in effect this Fall
- Promotion and Tenure document reviewed (letters from outside reviewers updated)
- Saturday finals dropped (but will be added back as needed by the calendar committee)
- Recommended changes made for honorary degrees
- Razorback Day at Capitol a success
- Accepted report from Tom Jensen on the Coalition on Intercollegiate Athletics
- Approved over 40 course and program changes
b. Report of the Staff Senate, Angela Black
- The staff picnic takes place May 19th (more information on the way
- Revising the by-laws regarding scholarship program
- Established the Barbara G. Taylor scholarhip
- Scholarship deadline, June 3.
- Staff senate elections to take place soon
- March 10 - Team Award meeting
- Continuing to assess childcare needs on campus
- Reached endowment - $25,000 scholarship monies now endowed; Chancellor will match this- GREAT NEWS!
c. Report of the ASG/Student Senate, Billy Fleming
- No report given
V. Summary of Campus Council Committee Reports
VI. Old Business
Steering Committee - Janine Parry and Tom Jensen were elected to the Steering committee.
VII. New Business
Janine Parry porposed a change to our election process to ensure our governance groups coincide in terms of Chair positions and elections. The Steering committee will look into this and report back to the Campus Council.
Meeting adjourned by 5 p.m.